Mobil World Congress: Industrialists And Public Authorities Urged To Take Into Account The Health Effects Of Mobile Technologies.
The city of Barcelona has decked itself out entirely in the colours of the Mobile World Congress during the 4 days of the largest international mobile phone exhibition. From February 25 to 28, 2019, under the impetus of the GSMA organisation, which brings together manufacturers from all over the world, it is only about new products, gadgets and the star… 5G technology.
Not quite because, in front of this congress, a great first, were present in the city of the famous architect Gaudi, the associations Alerte Phonegate, Robin des Toits and Electro y Quimico sensible, for a press conference on Monday, February 25 in the premises of the prestigious law firm Col-Lectiu Ronda to discuss the serious public health issues of those technologies.
The Spanish association, through its regional spokesman Juan Antonio Rivera Villa, announcing the text presented to the Chamber of Deputies by four members of the Podemos party asking how the Phonegate scandal is being addressed in Spain, asks the question :
“What is the government doing to ensure that all mobile phone users, mainly young people, are not exposed to higher levels than required by regulation, as has been demonstrated in France until the authorities intervene?”
The French association Robin des Toits, represented by its president Pierre-Marie Théveniaud, on its behalf, asks both industrialists and public authorities:
- A moratorium on the development of 5G and prior health impact studies;
- A revision of the standards on real scientific grounds without any conflict of interest with operators;
- The development of independent research;
- Real information in the instructions for use with the real technical data, biological and health effects and real recommendations for use.
- Information campaigns at national level in the various countries, particularly aimed at young people.
- Full Article https://www.phonegatealert.org/en/mobil-word-congress-industrialists-and-public-authorities-urged-to-take-into-account-the-health-effects-of-mobile-technologies?fbclid=IwAR0CpOiSNKJZNs0pEtrlocG_RoSAD0EDIQ8LRwpK3CCqckg6Fmw1HzOGU50